Watch the short film and remind each minions what rule they SHOULD / MUST / HAVE T0 follow !
Watch a scene from the film School of Rock by Richard Linklater, 2003.
- What rules does Mr Finn break?
- You are the kids parents, you call the Dean’s office to remind Mr Finn that he must follow the rules!
- HW – Imagine the phone call.
Watch a scene from the film Detachment by Tony Kaye, 2012.
- Look at the film poster, what happened?
- What rules do the students break in the video?
- HW – You are Mr Barthes & his student, imagine what they say.
EXTRA video to get gold stars !!
Find 4 new rules!
DAD vs DAUGHTER about selfies ROLEPLAY
Why did you post / publish this video on You Tube?
You shouldn’t have posted it!
But I disagree!
I feel humilated! I feel so ashamed!
Get out! I’m sick of you!
- State your name and who you represent before you speak!
(“Mathieu as John Gaskin, spokesman for the NAACP”)
- Speak in turns! Don’t interrupt or if you do, do it respectfully!
(“Excuse, can I say a word please?”)
(What’s the English word for? …)
Lesley McSpadden ( MB’s mother)
John Gaskin (NAACP Spokesman)
Jonathan Gentry ( Minister of Faith, angry member of the Black community)
Dorian Johnson ( MB’s friend and firsthand eyewitness)
Ricky Stevenson ( Talk show hostess and supporter of Mike Brown)
Jake Tapper (CNN journalist live reporter )
Eric Bollin ( Fox journalist, racist)
KKK anonymous (# Chimpout)
Barack Obama ( tries to calm the situation down and supports Brown’s family)
Pharell Williams ( excessive force but MK should have obeyed the police officer)
To Be Created…
Social Media representative ( defends freedom of speech)
The Grand Jury ( members in favour or against Darren Wilson)
Demonstrator ( peaceful or angry, White or Black)
Michael Brown ( tells his own version)
Journalists (ask ‘booster’ questions’)
- Is Darren Wilson guilty or innocent? Should he be arrested?
- Was Michael Brown killed because he was Black?
- Is Michael Brown’s shooting a racist act?
- Is Ferguson a ‘racial’ event?
- Is racism still an issue in the US today?
- Was it self-defense?
- Is Darren Wilson’s reaction justified?
- Is Darren Wilson a liar? Did he tell the truth?
- Should Darren Wilson be in jail?
- Did Michael Brown do something wrong? Is he a criminal?
- Did he try to take DW’s gun? Was he armed?
- Why did he shoot him in the head? Why not in the legs or arm?
- Is Black people’s reaction right? Justified?
- Is looting right or wrong?
- Was he killed because of what he did or because of what he looked like?
- Can we prevent racial profiling in police work?
- If Darren Wilson is murderer, why didn’t the Grand Jury indict him?
- How can Darren Wilson be considered innocent?
- Would you have killed Michael Brown if you had been Darren Wilson?
- If Darren Wilson was Black, would Michael Brown still be alive?
Tricky & Off-topic
- Should heavy weapons be allowed for policemen?
- Should citizens be allowed to carry guns?
- Is Ferguson a dangerous city?
- Did the media focus on the violent reactions to fuel the controversy?
- Can we allow racial profiling in police work?