‘Buy some Ignorant Art’ from Basquiat by Julian Schnabel, 1996.
Your mission: Understand a film scene. (facts & message)
RECAP’ Post your reactions on beeoclock.wordpress.com!
How do you feel about the art world? Are the doors opened or closed for Basquiat? Why?
What do you need to ‘get there’?
Is Andy’s driver important? Why? Why not?
Why doesn’t Andy’s driver say anything?
Lesson docs to print!
Each group will have to create a song stanza using the correct grammatical item and vocabulary as well as creating rhyming patterns.
1- Cut up 10 words you find powerful in the newspapers or in your notebooks.
2- Organize your words into different categories:
- NOUNS (ex. money)
- ADJECTIVES (ex. easy, happy, powerless…)
- ADVERBS (ex. Easily, happily …)
- VERBS ( think, write, read … )
3- Read each stanza corresponding to your team.
4- Select the words that best fit in the blanks. Find rhymes.
Discuss and decide.
5- Listen and decide which instrumental recording you want your song to be recorded with.
6- Read or sing out your stanza to see if it matches. Check with the class.
7- Be ready to record your song stanza in the multimedia lab.
– FINAL PROJECT – RECORD YOUR RAP SONG !
By TSTMG6 & E. LECATRE
Lyrical patterns adapted from Mathematics by Yasiin Bey &
Ready or Not by The Fugees.
Youngbloods (jʌŋ blʌdz) mustn’t snitch
but they could (kʊd) shake up the world like Ali
1 for family,
2 for money
3 for dynasty (ˈdaɪ nə sti )
8 million stories to tell
1- From each video: select key ideas, words or images.
2- Decide with your group what style you want your awareness video to follow:
Documentary / vox pop / parody of existing ads / gender reversed roles situations / animation…
3- Present your pitch to the class.
3- Storyboard it and check contents / script with teacher.
4- Shoot / Edit and Send or share on USB key. Your video shouldn’t be any longer than 2 minutes and .mp4 / .Wav format only.
Click on the images to download lesson docs!
1- How does this story fit in ‘travel, exile, initiation’?
2- How does it compare or relate to Lord of the Flies and Robinson Crusoe?
3- How is reality mixed with fiction? What is the effect on the reader?
4- Does Chris correspond to your vision of a romantic hero? Why? Why not?
Lesson documents to print !
1- Listen to the documents and choose the one you wish to study. 10 minutes.
♪ easy A2
♪♪ Intermediate B1
♪♪♪ Target B2
2- Complete your listening grid with key elements. Follow BAC timing!
Notes down everything you understood!
3- React! Post your comment on blog! 15 min.
Audio docs & worksheets here!
Lesson plan & documents Vampires over time instructions : answers
Watch the videos and answer the questions:
- Which vampire scene do you find the scariest? Why? ( Comment using camera angles, actor’s performance, music, setting …)
- Which vampire do you find the most charming? Why?
- What is your favourite scene? Why?
- Can you name 2 key elements of the setting that are used in most vampire scenes. What vampire feature do they reinforce? ( Power, animal side, human side, sex appeal…?)
Get ready for your bac interview!
Play with Learning Apps to remember your documents & method! > 10 min.
Post and Like one comment on one issue question below! > 10 min.
- B1 – In what way has progress made life better, faster, stronger ? Can you give any examples?
- B2 – Do you think people were happier before or now? What do you miss from the past? What do you think is better now?
I agree // I disagree: je suis d’acc / pas d’acc. // thanks to : grâce à // because of / due to : à cause de … // As a result / that’s why: c’est la raison pour laquelle // to achieve = réaliser // to allow so. to do sthg: permettre à qq’un de ….
Record your oral presentation ! > 20 min.
A – notion presentation
B- interview Q/A
Ready to print .odt Idea of progress method documents
- A- You feel ready to speak 5 minutes non-stop > record your 5 minutes oral presentation on Progress using
- B- You feel ready to answer some interview questions > record 3 answers in 5 minutes.
- Export as .mp3 > Rename your audio doc > save it in ‘restitution’ as .mp3 > double-check with teacher > 10 minutes
More vocab below …
Progress Method + QA