Click on the images to download lesson docs!
1- How does this story fit in ‘travel, exile, initiation’?
2- How does it compare or relate to Lord of the Flies and Robinson Crusoe?
3- How is reality mixed with fiction? What is the effect on the reader?
4- Does Chris correspond to your vision of a romantic hero? Why? Why not?
D DAY pictures by Robert Capa
Online App about Spielber & Capa here
Eléments de corrigé pour rédiger vos réponses:
Texte A & B
1/ Comment expriment-ils leur expérience de la guerre? A quel moment? Dans quel but? Sous quelle forme se manifestent leur témoignage?
2/ Décrivez les sentiments de chaque homme vis à vis de leur expérience de guerre. Comparez et trouvez des points communs ou des différences.Votre réponse doit mentionner:
- Watch and find as many questions as you can!
- Watch again and try and find the answers to your questions!
- Would you like to live in this world? Why? Why not? Explain your opinion.
Lesson docs to print!
Online Learning Apps below!
Extract from Lesson Notes
Howard wants to kill his wife because she is cheating on him. John wants to arrest Howard before he kills her.
Spielberg wants to show a dark and scary vision of the future, to make us aware of the power of technology in the hands of the police, to ask how far we should go to llve in a safe society,
to warn us about the dangers of progress, to raise ethical issues: should the police arrest people for intending to commit a crime ? Can people get arrested for their ideas?
- Husband / wife / lover: mari / femme / amant
- To cheat on someone ( so.) : tromper qq’un
- To commit a crime / murder: comettre un crime / un murder
- Attempted murder: tentative d’homicide
- To intend to + BV: avoir l’intention de
- To happen / to take place: se passer
- Will + BV / won’t + bv : expression du futur / prédictions / en train de prendre un décision
- Is / are / isn’t / aren’t going to + BV: expression du futur / après l’avoir décidé
- To foresee / to predict: prévoir / prédire
- To prevent sthg from + ing: empêcher qqchose de se passer
- To raise ethical issues: soulever des questions éthiques.
LELE // Extract from The Naked Sun by Asimov, 1957.
A millennium into the future, two advancements have altered the course of human history: the colonization of the Galaxy and the creation of the positronic brain. Detective Elijah Baley, sent from the streets of New York with his positronic partner, the robot R. Daneel Olivaw, to solve an incredible murder that has rocked Solaria to its foundations.
“Civilizations have always been pyramidal in structure. As one climbs toward the apex of the social edifice, there is increased leisure and increasing opportunity to pursue hapiness. As one climbs, one finds also fewer and fewer people to enjoy this more and more. Invariably, there is a preponderance of the dispossessed. And remember this, no matter how well off the bottom layers of the pyramid might be on an absolute scale, they are always dispossessed in comparison with the apex.”
Lesson notes below!
A2 > C1 Pairworks Class Activities to print here!
- What is designed to accommodate everyone’s needs?
Food? Drink liquid food out of large plastic cup > a lot of trash > + pollution Communication? Glued to their screens even if their friend is next to them. > no face to face communication anymore
Transportation? Unable to move on their own / never stand up / move thanks to flying wheelchairs > lazy / get fatter and fatter > unhealthy > shorter lifespan
Lesson notes and online quiz below!
LELE Sci-Fi intro
Readers who refuse to let go of their logic will be disappointed or bored with science fiction as you have to accept to believe in extraordinary events such as time travel.
Sci Fi stories are aimed at readers who feel the need to change their minds or travel to a parallel universe and reflect on their own fears for the future.
13/09 LELE – THE IMAGINARY > Science Fiction 6pm – 7pm
- Bac info
- Science Fiction Mind Mapping activity
- Link to be made between Imagination essential to BOTH Science & Fiction
- Possible angle / issue question in LELE : How do writers’ imagination foreshadow our reality?
LVA 7pm – 8pm
Method files organization
LVO WallE workshops 8pm – 10pm
- To urge so. To + BV/ To brainwash so. into + ing : pousser / manipuler qq”un pr qu’il fasse qqchose
I tried to do both exams in 2hours … here are my answers but there might be some mistakes…
Not too bad after all!
Apps to improve your writing skills! Click on each image to improve your writing skills with fun apps!