I agree with the fact that …. but I disagree with the fact that …
People believe that …. but I’m convinced that …….
In my country we ….
It’s true that …..
I’m sure that …
Let me explain …
In my opinion …
What’s more …
That’s the reason why ….
As a consequence….
Let’s clarify …
On the contrary …
On the one hand … / On the other hand …
X … while / whereas Y …
In the end …
Soldiers vs journalists
- fight / for / freedom / values / ideas of his homeland.
- To protect his homeland / from invasion / from terrorism
- they sacrifice their lives to save other lives /
- World War 2 > fight for democracy / against Totalitarian regimes / oppression / genocide / gaz chambers / nuclear bombs >> weapons of mass destruction
- today the American army uses drones / no pilot / soldiers stay in the US to pilot the drone.
- World War I > tranches / mud / no man’s land / dirty / disease / no medication / no vaccin / mustard gaz > bombs / grenades
- Western European values / ideas of war.
- For us soldiers fight for a good cause ‘freedom’ …
- For Talibans / terrorists / oppressive regime our soldiers are enemies because they fight for people’s right . Right to express themselves.
- Journalists > report news / don’t fight / there to observe / tell / share / report the news / show the horrors of war / who is responsible for the horrors of war / take part in it / alone but protected by the soldiers / follow the soldiers / sacrifice themselves / can get kidnapped / tortured / killed / exchanged for money / prisoners / Ex. attacks in Charlie Hebdo ? If you’re a journalist / cartoonist you can even get killed at home / no war is needed
First some people can think / suppose real heroes are soldiers who fight for the values of their fatherland for example the American soldiers who fought during the Vietnam War to destroy Communism and win for Liberalism.
In my country we think that journalists are the real heroes because they report the horrors of war and sacrifice themselves when they follow the soldiers. They can even (même) be killed in their country for what they report or what they think. For example recently in France a group of cartoonists died in the office of Charlie Hebdo a controversial newspaper.
But then I think the heroes are soldiers because for example during World War 2 they fought against Nazi Germany and they defended democracry against oppression. That’s when French soldiers liberated Jewish population from concentration camps in Germany. They sacrificed themselves / their lives to save the victims of Nazism.
Correct your mistakes!
Journalists are here to capture the moment while soldiers are here to fight for the values of their country.
In my opinion soldier fight for people’s right for example during World War 2 when they defended democracy against Nazism.
Yes, that’s the reason why they are heroes. But journalists can get killed like soldiers. They sacrifie their life to share the news around the world.
Let me explain why the journalists are more heroic! It’s because they don’t have weapons unlike soldiers who can defend themselves.
Soldiers are real heroes because they fight for their country’s values and they die with honour that’s why people remember them.
But then I think heroes are soldiers because for example because during World War 2 they fought against Nazi oppression.
I agree that the heroes are soldiers because they fight for freedom while journalitsts just show the horrors of war.
Also soldiers are strong and courageous but they wear bullet proof vests unlike journalists who are defenceless.
Sometimes they get kidnapped because they are alone contrary to soldiers who fight with an army.
Soldiers often choose to die for the values of their country whereas less journalists take risks and die for their job.
Less and less soldiers fight on battlefields because armies use drones whereas reporters still go to the battlefields to take pictures.
BAC EXAM example:
Reorder the sentences
List linkwords and opinion markers
Listen up! Bac style!
First some people can think real heroes are soldiers who fight for the values of their fatherland.
Soldiers often choose to die for the values of their country but then I think heroes are soldiers because for example during World War 2 they fought against Nazi oppression that’s when French soldiers liberated the Jewish population from concentration camps in Germany. As they fight for their country’s values and died with honour, soldiers are real heroes that’s why we remember them.
While soldiers are here to fight for the values of their country, journalists are here to capture the truth.
Sometimes journalists get kidnapped because they are alone contrary to soldiers who fight with an army.
Many journalists take risks and die for their job.
So they are all heroes to me.
Journalists can get killed like soldiers. They sacrifice their life to share the news around the world.
In the end soldiers and journalists go to dangerous areas and need eachother that’s why they are all heroes to me.