HW = TEST ON Tuesday, October 6th ! revise WH-questions + lessons ‘everyday heroes’.
What is the nature of this document?
This document is a TV news report.
When did it take place? When did it happen?
It happened / it took place 3 years ago on December 14th, 2012.
Chronolgy of events ( évènements) What happened? by Zined & Chloé corrected by Miss E.
- Adam Lanza / the gunman entered the school.
- Some staff members hid under the tables ( dived = ont plongé)
- Victoria hid / put her kids in the closet / she tried to protect her kids by putting them in the storage room.
- She blocked the bullets with her body. She was shot. She died.
- Other staff members were killed.
- Victoria’s cousin was interviewed on TV.
WHO was involved?
Adam Lanza the gunman / the murderer (tireur / assassin)
Victoria who was 27 and a teacher.
Other staff members: Dawn = school principal + Mary = psychologist (shot to death / dead > morts) / Nathaly = teacher (injured / wounded : blessée)
Who is mentioned?
Jim= Victoria’s cousin. Interviewed after the tragedy.
Martin: Daily Mail journalist.
Where did it take place?
In an elementary school in Newton, in the USA.
In a classroom / in the storage room or closet.
- She sacrificed herself to save the kids.
- She didn’t think twice / she didn’t hesitate.
- She could have escaped / died / hidden herself but she didn’t.
- Maybe she was acting because of her mother instinct.