HW for Tuesday
Finish doc + vote for best article on blog + design front page
- We listened to a conversation between Todd and Simon.
- This dialogue was about newspapers / T & S spoke about (news)papers.
- There was an earthquake but no victim / no one died
- On busy trains you can’t fold your newspaper or turn the pages.
- Stories are cut between the front page and the middle pages.
- Simon reads the headlines in the front page and the sports news on the back page whereas Todd is frustrated because he can’t read the whole article.
- They both read the news everyday, but Simon prefers sports news to world news.
- Todd agrees that world news are always bad.
- They both have trouble reading on crowded trains when they go to work.
- On Tuesday we posted our articles on the blog.
- It was difficult because the Internet connection was horribly slow !
- We need to read all the articles and decide what we want on the paper version’s front page!
Headphones ? Where? When? Why?
Ask every student to describe his/her use of headphones. 3 sentences each.
Ex. I usually listen to my MP3 on the bus to school. / when I’m on my own …
I often use my headphones to distance myself from my parents… when I’m bored…
as soon as : dès que
crowd: la foule
usually : la plupart du temps
always: tout le temps
to walk around: se déplacer
whenever I want: quand je le veux/ wherever: où je veux
to entangle emmêler / to be tangled up: être emmêlé.
harmful for your ears / unhealthy / dangerous
I don’t use any headphones because I don’t have any!
I need my headphones to relax.
I only use my headphones at home when I watch videos.
I usually use my headphones in the morning to be in a good mood.
I always use my headphones to go to school.
I use my headphones whenever and wherever except in the classroom.
Sometimes it’s harmful to your ears and it’s dangerous because you can have an accident.