Your mission: Create your ad checklist and decide on your evaluation grid.
Homework: for Wednesday: prepare a draft / ideas and group to start working on your ad / video.
I guess we’re going to watch commercials created by students. Maybe they are advertising for sneakers, or weight loss pills or even travel.
Misleading commercials / telling lies about fake products / exaggeration / humour > persuasion techniques / caricatures / parody / spoof ads
b- Watch the video and make a list of good and bad sides. Explain why.
This commercial is not convincing because everything is fake.
This commercial is great because it’s funny. The guy’s face makes us laugh. It looks like a real TV commercial except we know the product doesn’t exist.
Before / After > transformation of the pill into food / see the product in action / crash tests
James Bond’s soundtrack > attractive / famous / dynamic : great music choice
The only problem is they don’t speak.
Check for mistakes.
There isn’t any price.
Commercial but also a parody.
Video 2 – very short / Too short > 1min min of speaking.
– good accessories > Hawaiian shirt / pillow under shirt
Speaking > sounds authentic / flow / not really convincing
Not funny / not attractive / boring
no music / visual effects are basic
sound is blurred
The side effects are revealed by a voice over. > if you swallow the pill, you will get sick.
Good slogan but side effects & voice over are not selling the product.
> not a very good parody
- features so. Pretending to be a real customer / fat / tired of jogging
- voice over addresses her directly / asking questions
- crash tests / to show the product in action
- interview so. pretending to be an expert
- at the end you get a cheap way to order the product + parody of very small writing / misleading info
– price / slogan
Checklist > things you need to do to create the perfect ad!
- exaggeration ( superlatives the most + adj long / -est + adj court Ex. The most gorgeous / the coolest )) > to describe the productt
- how to use the product / crash tests / someone showing / wearing the product
- testimonials / experts / star (so. Pretending to be a stra)
- voice over > describing the action
- catchy slogan / logo / jingle
- visual effects / accessories
- discounts / goodies
If you choose to create a poster, you can use this template:
Grid > criteria / point system
For video groups of 4 max
For poster 2 max
Groups of 4 max
> each one of you must speak for at least 1 min
> googledrive / usb key so that I can watch it with NAME / CLASS
> .mp4 / .wma / .flv
Poster > present your poster and speak for 1 min each.
Slogan / Tag-line > 3 points
Creativity / Parody / makes me laugh / convincing >> 4 points
Contents / Organization / techniques used > 4points
Language > 6 points
adj / vocabular
grammar / verbs / syntax
3 points from jury .
Due on Monday, November 10th.